It was built very likely during the second half of the 16th century by Henri de Sterpigny, governor of the region. It was originally defended by wide ditches full of water. In 1818, the castle suffered of many transformations: filing of the ditches, deletion of drawbridges, enlargement of the openings for the towers and the living places and the demolition of farm buildings. The castle was sold in 1950 to the Lamalle Family. (Source : Maison du Tourisme de Gaume).