This commemorative plate has been put there in 1947. It is dedicated to the 122 inhabitants of Rossignol, Breuvanne, Saint-Vincent and Tellancourt who died shot in Arlon by the German army on August 26. After the First World War, the German authorities didn't recognized the shootings, the fires and the other atrocities their army committed during the invasion in 1914. The second invasion of Belgium in 1940 evocated the memory of 1914. The Nazi chiefs cared avoiding to repeat that; so there was no other German atrocity, but the most provoking memorials to the victims of 1914 were destroyed. This plate that is put on the front of the ancient town hall substitutes the former one that was erected between the two wars and that was taken away by the German soldiers in 1943.