This waterwheel may be very old, but the first document mentioning it dates from 1836. In 1837, the owner, Mr Maréchal (from whom comes the name “Cour Marchal”), uses the water wheel to activate the flour mill, which becomes a nail mill in 1838. Edouard Gratia, vet and new owner of the place in 1858, uses the water wheel to activate the new flour and oil mill. Finally, in 1875, the mill is turned into an iron foundry and a wool spinning mill which work until 1881.
In 1930, the water wheel ceases working for good. It is disassembled to avoid the tax on motive power. Only its solid oak axle remains. It is only in 2010 that a new water wheel is made by a local firm (Artbois) and put in place to restore the atmosphere of the mill of yesteryear but without any utility purpose.