In 1577 Henri le Clercq built a powder mill on the banks of the river Ton in lower Virton. This mill became a sawmill about a hundred years later. In 1797, as can clearly be seen in the first land registry of 1850 of the City of Virton, the new owners redeveloped the site. The sawmill was transformed in 1875 to become a bark mill and tannery. These buildings were bought in 1928 by Jean Naisse who modernized the equipment to the needs of a sawmill which would operate until 1970.
The little eastern building has kept its water wheel dating back to the beginning of the 19th century. The old tannery, located in the large western building, can easily be recognized by its nine rectangular openings which were needed for the drying of the hides. In 1930 living quarters of a similar volume were added to form the current building. The building complex and the site were listed on 9th November 1990.