The bandstand of Virton, which was finished in January 1914, is the work of town architect Omer Bodson. With an octagonal plan, like the one of Saint-Mard, the decoration of Virton’s bandstand however breaks new ground. One can admire Art Nouveau motifs in the ironwork of the railing and in the netting that joins the capitals of the cast iron columns. The hat-shaped roof, which used to have lambrequins, is decorated with a lyre. The bandstand used to have a fence and access gates too. It was most often occupied by the “Société Royale Philharmonique” of Virton. Other societies had the right to give up to five concerts a year.
Nowadays, the bandstand is the meeting place of the “Apérokiosques”, concerts that take place on Sundays during the months of July and August. On 26th of December, for the traditional “Foire aux Amoureux” (the Feast of the Sweethearts), the bandstand hosts, under the watchful eyes of Virton’s giants Djean d’Mâdy and Djeanne, the king of the Pâté Gaumais contest and crowning.This bandstand has been listed since 1997 and was completely renovated in 2013.