The Chapel of the Charnel, which was listed on 15th December 1970, is the last remaining monument of the old churchyard. As can be read on six tombstones, this chapel, which dates back to 1755, contains the bodies of the Marchal and Rossignon families. Two other epitaphs mention Claude Migeot, parish priest of Saint-Mard (1780), and Jean-Fiacre Remon (1606). The latter tombstone seemed to have been recovered from the old churchyard. During the cholera epidemics of 1854 and 1866, the chapel probably served as a charnel house. Inside, above the altar, a crucifix is surrounded, on the left by a statue of Our Lady of Sorrows, and on the right by a sculpture of Purgatory of which a soul purified by flames is flying to Heaven supported by an angel. Some claim these sculptures are the works of Maître Henri Jacques of Longwy. A monumental cast iron cross from the old churchyard leans outside against the left wall. Today, in the park surrounding the chapel, stand the monument to Jean-Philippe Lavallé and a lime tree, a Millennium Tree of Peace.