The Protestant temple of Saint-Mard, which was built in 1937 according to the plans of architect Muri, belongs to the Belgian Evangelical Mission. The Protestant Community of Saint-Mard came into being in 1933 thanks to an Evangelization campaign. Its members initially met in a private house in Saint-Mard (the Louppe house), until it became vital to build an official place of worship.
A member of the community, Mrs Blocteur, donated a piece of land next to the river Ton. In order to be able to build the temple, it needed to be banked up. The temple built with partially roughcast limestones features a relatively simple architecture. It’s composed of a chapel with gabled wall dormers with round-arched windows, a small tower without bell, a kitchen and a restroom.