The Saint Genesius church of Ruette, which used to be consecrated to Saint Dionysius, was during the Ancient Régime under the ecclesial authority of the Abbey of Saint-Hubert. The former church, demolished by Croats in 1636, was only rebuilt in 1664. This date can still be read on the Louis XIV keystone of the church portal. Today’s church with its single nave was rebuilt in 1779 during the abbacy of Dom Nicolas Spirlet, the last abbot of Saint-Hubert. The mid-17th-century bye-altars come from the former church. The north altar comprises an altarpiece with the bust of Saint Genesius and a bas-relief depicting the Annunciation.
The altarpiece of the south altar depicts the Holy Family with the dove of the Holy Spirit. Inside the church are 17th and 18th-century statues of Saint Anne, Saint Genesius, Saint Henry, Saint James the Greater, Saint Roch and Saint Sebastian. Also noteworthy is the black marble tombstone of Father Nicolas Dorion (who passed away in 1769). The presbytery and the old graveyard, which are enclosed in a wall, form an architectural unit which rises above the heart of the village.