In the early 1950s, the children of the village school, under the supervision of their teacher, Jean Dauphin, organized an exhibition about the history of their village. Some years later, thanks to Edmond Fouss, curator at that time of the Musée gaumais, a small museum on local history was opened in one of the rooms of the town hall of Latour. Thanks to numerous gifts and donations, the collections grew little by little until they filled the entire building. Around 1970, the French Consul supported research done by the museum because many French families were looking for information on relatives fallen on the field of honour on 22nd August 1914. When these people visited the museum, they often left photographies, letters, uniforms and even weapons in care of the museum, which made the collection even richer. For many years, guides, writers, researchers, archivists have followed one another to carry out the various activities of the museum. The ground-floor was renovated in 2010 thanks to the InBev-Baillet-Latour Fund. The first floor was completely refurbished in 2014.