Nobody knows when the “banal” mill of Latour (“banal” means that the serfs were obliged by their lord to come and grind their grain at this mill in return for a grinding fee) was precisely built. A document mentions however that Thibaut, lord of La Tour, gave the Abbey of Orval in 1199 two “muids” of wheat (a muid was a dry measure of volume corresponding roughly to 1,828 litres/402 imp gal) one for the mill of Dampicourt, the other one for the mill of La Tour. Over the centuries, the mill located on the right bank of the river Vire was expanded with a sawmill on the left bank. During the most favourable years, both water wheels could be driven until mid-April and sometimes part of the month of May. The house is composed of two parts: the dwelling house itself at the front, and the mill, the upper floor being used as a corn loft.
Auguste Collas, the last miller, moved in in 1913 and worked until the mid-1950s.
The equipment has been overhauled and the mill has found a new use by producing electricity.