The construction of a new church in Chenois is owed to Abbott Elie Nicolas, parish priest from 1927 to 1933. The development of a marshalling yard and the construction of a railway workshop in Chenois drew workers from everywhere. In a matter of months, local population soared from 247 to more than 2000 inhabitants. As the 13th-century church could only welcome 75 seated worshippers, the building of a new, larger church became essential. Plans were drawn by Léon Lamy, an architect from Arlon. His plans were rejected by Abbott Nicolas who managed the project in a very independent manner. One can affirm that he strongly influenced the architect’s choice of style, seeking inspiration in the Art-Deco Christ-the-King’s church in Antwerp. Inside, stone from local quarries and elsewhere is omnipresent. Jube, high altar, pulpit, confessionals are embedded into the masonry. The inner volume is balanced and bright. The foundation stone was laid on 9th August 1931 and the new church was consecrated on 17th April 1933.