The castle of Bleid, which used to be surrounded by a moat, probably dates back to the second half of the 16th century. It was built by Henri de Sterpigny, lieutenant-general of the artillery of the Netherlands and governor of the region. Two bas-relief with the coats of arms of the Sterpigny and Sorfelt attest to their ownership. To the right-hand side of the main building one will notice a double gate, one for carts, the other one for pedestrians, which bears testimony of a former drawbridge. In 1818, Ferdinand de Vaulx, the owner at that time, had the moat filled up and the drawbridge removed. From then on the building was often modified and extended. The estate was bought in 1858 by Jules-Jean de Prémorel. One of his descendants, Adrien de Prémorel (1889-1968), who had spent his childhood and teenage years in the castle, took a liking to the fauna and flora of the Gaume forests. This gave him the inspiration for writing books and poems which earned him the name of “chantre (bard) de la Gaume et de l’Ardenne”. In 1950, the castle changed hands to become property of the Knight of Lamalle. The castle is currently inhabited by his descendants.