The former mill adjoins a residence and an old tannery from the 18th century. The mill might have been built in 1578. As many other hydraulic works, it has followed, by its different affectations, the evolution of the local needs as well as the economic and political environment of the different times. So, its first owner had probably had it built in order to make the saltpetre necessary for making gunpowder before it became a sawmill in the middle of the 17th century. At the 19th century, it crushed oak barks necessary for making tan to supply the tannery nearby. But tanners disappeared at the turn of the 20th century, swept away by the industrialization of their job. The sawmill came back in the buildings by the Ton. It was finally in 1920 that the site of ⤜the sawmill⤝ (La scierie) became the property of Jean Naisse. The sawmill worked until 1968. The rough lumbers were routed to the sawmill by a small ⤜Decauville⤝ composed of a few small trucks towed by a winch, like at Lepage⤙s in Meix-devant-Virton. The hydraulic wheel, restored in 1988, rests on a bank of masonry put in the river bed. Remarkable set of works, the tannery, the mill and its mechanism are recognized as monument as well as the surroundings is recognized as a site since 1990.